What Is Gminer?
Gminer is a miner that supports multiple mining algorithms. The latest version is 2.06. The program works with both Nvidia and AMD, but it gives preference to Nvidia. As a result, most algorithms are compatible only with green GPUs – this is how Nvidia graphics cards are called.
It is a standard practice among developers to charge a fee for their product. Gminer is not an exception. Fees differ depending on an algorithm. For Ethash, used by Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, the fee is 0.65%. It is 3% for Cuckaroom29, 5% for Cortex, etc.
0.65% is a reasonable fee. For example, PhoenixMiner charges the same fee, while lolMiner charges 1%. So every 24 hours of mining graphics cards operate a little over 9 minutes in favor of Gminer developers. It is not much at all.
What to Mine on Gminer? Available Algorithms
Gminer works with many algorithms. The full list is as follows.
- Ethash (Nvidia only)
- ProgPoW (Nvidia only)
- KAWPOW (Ravencoin and Nvidia only)
- Ethash+Eaglesong (Nvidia only)
- Ethash+Blake2s (Nvidia only)
- Eaglesong (Nvidia and AMD)
- Blake2b+Sha3 (Nvidia only)
- Cuckarood29/Cuckaroom29 (Grin and Nvidia only)
- Cuckatoo31 (Grin and Nvidia only)
- Cuckatoo32 (Grin and Nvidia only)
- Cuckoo29 (Aeternity for Nvidia and AMD)
- CryptoNightBBC (Nvidia only)
- BFC (Nvidia and AMD)
- Cortex (Nvidia only)
- Cuckaroo29s (Nvidia and AMD)
- Cuckarood29v (MoneroV for Nvidia)
- Blake2s (Nvidia and AMD)
- Eaglesong (Nervos CKB for Nvidia and AMD)
- Equihash 96.5 (Nvidia only)
- Equihash+Scrypt (for Nvidia)
- Equihash 125.4 (ZelCash and for Nvidia only)
- Equihash 144.5 (Bitcoin Gold, BitcoinZ and ZelCash for Nvidia and AMD)
- Beam Hash (BEAM for Nvidia and AMD)
- Equihash 192.7 (Nvidia and AMD)
- Equihash 210,9 (Nvidia)
Here is the recommended GPU memory for different algorithms to work with Gminer.
- Cuckaroo29 — 3.8 GB
- Cuckatoo31 — 7.68 GB
- Cuckoo29 — 3.8 GB
- Equihash 96.5 — 0.75 GB
- Equihash 144.5 — 1.75 GB
- Beam Hash — 2.9 GB
- Equihash 192.7 — 2.75 GB
- Equihash 210.9 — 1 GB
GPU Hashrates on Gminer
Here are GPU hashrates with standard settings according to Gminer.
Gminer offers a lot of algorithms and cryptocurrencies for different graphics cards. How to choose the most profitable coin? 2CryptoCalc, a mining profitability calculator, can help. 2CryptoCalc stores GPU hashrates, and knows when a miner can mine solo.
For example, today’s recommendation is ZelCash. Currently, it is the most profitable coin, and it can be mined with Gminer.
Where to Download Gminer?
How to Setup Gminer for Mining?
Here is an example of how to setup Gminer to mine Bitcoin Gold in the 2Miners pool. The text below shows the correct bat-file content.
miner.exe --algo 144_5 --pers BgoldPoW --server btg.2miners.com --port 4040 --user YOUR_ADDRESS.RIG_ID --pass x
You should replace YOUR_ADDRESS with your own wallet address to receive coins. For example, GJjz2Du9BoJQ3CPcoyVTHUJZSj62i1693U. You should also replace RIG_ID with your rig name. You can use no more than 32 Latin letters, numbers, and symbols “-” and “_”. For example, rig-1.
Here is a video tutorial on how to setup the miner.
When you setup and launch Gminer, you will see the following window.
After a while you will see yourself in the Miners Online tab.
Or you can find yourself by the wallet address. You should enter the address in the upper part of the BTG pool page.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask for help or advice in our Telegram pool mining chat.