Reward Reduction Updates
ERGO (ERG) Reward Reduction
In line with the ERGO EMISSION SCHEDULE, the ERGO block experienced a reward reduction this month. Miners should note that the block reward has decreased from 36 ERG to 33 ERG. As always, stay updated and calculate profitability using 2CryptoCalc, which reflects the latest changes.
KASPA (KAS) Reward Reduction
Similarly, KASPA also underwent a reward reduction, in line with the KASPA EMISSION SCHEDULE. The block reward for miners has been adjusted from 174.61 KAS to 164.81 KAS. Ensure you’re up-to-date with these changes by using the 2CryptoCalc for Kaspa mining profitability calculation.
Cryptocurrency Node Updates
This month, several cryptocurrency nodes were updated to better serve our community. Here are the latest versions and highlights of the changes:
Zcash (ZEC) 5.7.0
- Deprecation of `fetch-params.sh`: The `zcashd` binary now comes with zk-SNARK parameters bundled directly, eliminating the need for separate downloads or storage.
- Enhanced Mempool metrics: Metrics now include `zcash.mempool.actions` and a weight-bucketed version called `zcash.mempool.size.weighted`.
Nervos (CKB) 0.111.0
- Highlights: This version activates the `ckb2023` hardfork in the dev chains. Moreover, an ongoing softfork activation began with v0.110.2.
- Major Changes: Numerous consensus changes and RPC changes have been implemented. For instance, the `epoch_duration_target` now impacts the epoch length in Dummy mode.
Horizen (ZEN) 4.1.0
- Upcoming network upgrade: The hard fork for the Horizen mainnet will happen at block #1426200 on Sep 26th, 2023.
- ZenIP-42204 Implementation: Shielded transactions with transparent inputs will be removed from the Horizen Mainchain. This means Coinbase transactions will continue maturing after 100 block confirmations but will not be shielded anymore.
Kaspa (KAS) v0.12.14
- The major highlight for this version is the Anti-spam patch. It introduces measures against dust attacks to bolster security.
- This optional release focuses on improvements and bug fixes.
- Release Highlights: The release includes a series of improvements, such as optimized Flux nodes RPC calls, rate limiters, better DOS protection, and several bug fixes.
Stay connected with 2Miners and be the first to get our updates by following us on Twitter. Join our vibrant Telegram miner community and engage with peers from across the globe in our dedicated local chats in Russian, Turkish, Spanish, and Chinese. Your commitment to mining inspires us to continually enhance our services for your success.